Sunday 23 September 2012

Jeff

Today, my old friend Jeff died. Jeff and I had been together for 8 long years - my entire adult life (plus some), but now we are together no more.

Jeff was one of my first goldfish. I got him with 3 others when I got my first fish tank. Sadly, his three companions died from a fungal infection when I first moved to Hobart, but with medication and care, Jeff pulled through. Jeff also survived at least 4 seperate swim bladder problems, another fungal infection, a massive tumour (which he had for the past 3 years, but never seemed to bother him), and moving house 6 times. Jeff outlived many companions, and just kept on surviving.Until today.

Yesterday, one of his companions died, but there was no obvious signs of what had killed him. By this afternoon, the fungal infection had become obvious, but Jeff had already succumbed. I've treated my remaining two fish, but I'm unsure if they will pull through. While I enjoy all my fish, Jeff was the only one in the past few years that has had a name and was the one that I was attached to.

So, rest in peace little Jeff. Thanks for all your years of fishy friendship. You were a good fish and I will miss chatting with you every morning.

4 comments:

Emma said...

For the first time in my adult life, I now have no fish. Sadly, I couldn't save any of my fishies this time.

Tori said...

Aww my poor fish (and Jeff). And they did have names. The gold fish were all named after planets and the danios were the three musketeers.

Tori said...

Anya thanks you for your new devil video. She really does love watching them and gets annoyed when it ends. THe only other tv shows she likes is Miniscule and anything with bears in it. If its bears she barks at the screen to keep us safe from them. :P Silly dog.

Emma said...

Actually, your fish died one by one over the last few years. None of yours made it this long. Sorry, I should have told you. They all seemed to die of old age/natural causes.

I'm glad Anya's been enjoying the devil channel.