Thursday 6 June 2013

Project Namibia

I had a phone call from London tonight from a volunteer coordinator about my application to volunteer with the Carnivore Conservation Programme in Namibia. After myconversation with the nice pom lady, the basic outcome is that I've been accepted. I was interviewed for about 40min to make sure that I understood the project that I was applying for and the potential difficulties with working in a developing country and that I was a suitable person for the project. Once I explained what I do for a living, she was pretty happy and skipped a few questions. They will send me my official letter of offer soon and then I can start properly planning my adventure.

Its pretty exciting to see that its actually happening. Its no longer just a daydream of something that I want to do, its now starting to become a reality.

3 comments:

Martin said...

Exciting stuff!

How long do you anticipate you'll be there as a volunteer? Is it relatively open ended?

Emma said...

Just a month. I might decide to go back again, but this time I'll only be there for a month.

Tori said...

So exciting!
Do you know when you leave?
Will you miss chicken camp?