Saturday 15 June 2013

Update

So, my trip to Africa isn't for another 7 months - yes, I will still make it to chicken camp :) - and I've got some other things to focus on right now. I have 2 weeks left on my current contract, but I'm expecting to be offered another 6 months sometime this week. Just to complicate things, though, I'm going to have to move house in the next few weeks. My current housemate/workmate won't be signing on for another contract (at least there's a 95% chance that she won't) and my place isn't very affordable for me to live here without sharing with someone. Signing on for another 6 months at work would mean that I'm also able to sign on for a 6 month lease at a new place, so I'm currently looking for a little one-bedroom to call home for a while. It will be nice to live by myself again after sharing for so long, but the process of moving is never fun so I can't say I'm actually looking forward to the process. I have an open house lined up for Monday and I'm trying to organise a second one at another place. Hopefully, I'll like on of them and I won't have to do too much more looking. Moving within the same city, I should be able to move in a less organised manner, taking most of my stuff car load by car load which might make it a bit easier (and require less boxes).

I've also applied for another job in Victoria, though, so there is a possibility (although, I'd say its unlikely) that I'll get that and mess up my plans.

No comments: