Tuesday 4 December 2007

My poor little pusskins..

My cat is sick.

She was fine yesterday morning but when we got home from Biblestudy last night we realized that there was definately something wrong with her because she was not acting herself and she wasn't grooming herself. Then we also noticed that there was a small amount of blood in her urine. That was at about 10:00 at night and she seemed to be resting comfortably so we just let her rest for the night.

I kept an eye on her until about midnight and then went to bed. Dad woke me up this morning at 7:30 when he left for work and told me that she was really lethargic and didn't even watch the garbage truck when it came by (normally she runs to the window to watch it, but today she didn't even care).

When the vet clinic finally opened I made her an appointment and we took her to the vet (the one I used to work at). It was the first time she has been in a car for about six years, but she was pretty good. She was very good at the vet clinic even though she was being poked in all her sore bits and had a thermometer shoved up her bottom.

The vet said she was dehydrated (I allready knew that) and she had a fever (allready knew that too) and that she had a bladder infection (my guess at diagnoses). She was given an antibiotic injection and sent home with tablets and strict instructions to get her fluids up or bring her back for sub-cutaneous fluids (injected under the skin).

She was really good on the way back home and just sat in her box except for when we were about two minutes from home she couldn't wait any more and went to the toilet in her box and made the car smell.

She seemed really glad to be home when we got back and glad to be out of the box she soiled.

Now we have to manage to get her to drink something.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Awww. Give her cuddles from me. I hope she gets better soon. When Gretta goes to the vet she sits down so the vet cant put thermometers up her bum. hehe. Also as a comment for the last posting. I LOVE FAMOUS FIVE. My favourite is Five go to Smugglers Top. I used to complain to Mum all the time that my life was boring cause I wasnt allowed to go on adventures or do anything by myself. My other favourite adventure book was Swallows and Amazons where two groups of children declare war on eachother over an island that they sail to.

Robert Kingston said...

Poor old Fidget hasnt been to the vet for years - so she probably hasnt had the experience to know she should sit down when the Vet's around.

Apparently they've managed to get Fidge to drink some milk - so that's positive.