Thursday 26 February 2009

Mums Birthday

The other day Mum decided to have a birthday. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was for the presents, but she didn't seem to want anything so perhaps it wasn't. Either way, she decided to have a birthday so Rob, Dad, and I decided that we should probably do something about it.

I suggested that Dad took Mum out for tea and that Rob and I arrive unexpectedly from our seperate corners of the state and surprise her. So after quite a lot of emails, messages, and phone calls Dad managed to organise Mum, Rob and I managed to organise ourselves (and each other), and we managed to surprise Mum. It wasn't very exciting as she didn't scream or faint or anything, but it was nice.

Mum's birthday was, of course, a brilliant excuse (if I needed one) for me to spend a couple of day's quality time with my cat. If any of you have forgotten, her name if Fidget she is 12-13 years old and she is beautiful. I wouldn't mind if you forgot her age as we are uncertain exactly what it is ourselves. I would even forgive you if you forgot her name as I hardly ever use it (I use lots of different, rather cheesy names like "bubby", "pusskins", "flopsy", "snuggles", and "mouse")... but you must never, ever forget that she is beautiful! This week she was especially beautiful when she decided that it was clearly, absolutely unacceptable for me to be more than 10cm away from her at anytime yesterday afternoon.

Recently, she devoloped a limp in one of her front legs - it didn't stop her doing anything she wanted to do, but it did motivate Dad to build her a ramp up to her favourite bed (as he has been planning to do for quite a while because it was a rather decent jump to get up there). Somehow that idea of building her a ramp up to her bed which was located at the back of the desk grew into rather a larger idea of building a 2-story cat palace.


At first, Fidget was rather annoyed that her Daddy had stolen her bed and put it somewhere else so she stubbornly curled up and slept on the desk where her bed used to be,


but I am happy to report that she has now gotten quite used to her new complex and makes good use of all its features going up and down the ramp, hiding in her downstairs bedroom when she isn't feeling very sociable, and sharpening her claws in the carpet. Her limp has now almost disappeared as well.

1 comment:

LadyJane said...

That is a wicked cat palace! If only her granddaughter would use her cat post... I shall have to send you a picture...