Tuesday 3 March 2009

James Herriot

Anyone that knows me at all will tell you that I like animals.

Anyone who really knows me will tell you that I love animals.

Because of this love of animals I have always dreamed of becoming a vet. At the moment that dream is on hold, but I still indulge in any sort of vet-related things that I can get my hands on, and today I managed to get my hands on something that I have been wanting for quite a while - the James Herriot collection. I now own a rather thick volume containing "If Only They Could Talk", "It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet", "Let Sleeping Vets Lie", "Vet in Harness", "Vets Might Fly", and "Vet in a Spin". And all of this for only $4.00 - don't you just love secondhand stores : )

Of course, I have already read all of these books, but I am very, very happy to now own them.

Even if you are not as enthusiastic about all matters veterinary as I am, but you have a soft spot for four legged friends I guarantee that you would heartily enjoy these books. If you want to borrow them at any point just let me know because I now own them - yay!

3 comments:

Robert Kingston said...

That sounds like a great bargin! Good job!

Martin said...

I totally agree, James Herriot is a legendary author. I'm impressed with the price as well! Nicely done.

Tori said...

While I have not read the complete works of James Herriot I do have a book entitled James Herriot's favourite dog stories which is just a collection of his more canine adventures and it is well loved.