Monday 1 June 2009

Work

When I was interviewed for the position at Bakers Delight I was told that I would be doing 3 afternoons a week. After a couple of days of training, though, I was suddenly rostered on for 5 afternoons a week. Apparently my manager is very happy with my progress learning the ins and outs of what my job entails and is happy to have me around as much as possible. This is really good for me because it means that I will get as many hours (and as much money) as possible before I start my honours in August. When they finally get around to actually paying me, that is.

Some of my shifts are only 3 or 4 hours long, but when you are on your feet the whole time it is still enought to tire you out a little. Thursdays and Fridays are huge days for me, though. We dont close until 9:00pm on Fridays which means I am on until 9:30 which means that I get to work a 9 hour shift. Big money!

Anyway, thats about all I have to say today.

4 comments:

carrot said...

I actually can't see why you would be excited about more work. The money would be good, yes, but there are a lot more fun ways of getting money. Like winning competitions for instance.

I'm entering the Tasmania Together Youth Challange with my friend Lucinda and first prize is $700!!!! Definately a better way to earn money, cause we have so much fun entering!

Martin said...

@Carrot: The only issue with that is the regularity of winning. If you win, you'll get $700 once. While that's very awesome, there's a risk you won't win, and even if you do, you only win once. Money is good stuff, and the only way you can consistently get it is if you work. That's why she's happy with more work, or at least that's the guess I'd hazard.

If I had more time I'd love to do more work!

Emma said...

Martin: Only because you want to buy a car so badly. Problem is, you need to work in order to buy the car, but then you wont have any time to spend with the car because you will be working all the time.

Carrot: Competitions are awesome, though. Thats how I got to Europe :)

Martin said...

Hey, I have plenty more things I'd like to buy than just a car! (You should hear the list! It even freaks me out.)