Tuesday 20 April 2010

The 101 most annoying things about writing a thesis...

Number 46: Having to wear glasses.

Normally I don't have to wear my glasses very often, but when I spend a lot of time reading or staring at a computer screen (like say when I'm writing a thesis) my eyes get tired and I can't see without them. Problem is that when I'm wearing my glasses I can't see any further away than my computer screen. This means that I spend a lot of time putting my glasses on and taking them off again.

It goes something like this:
Getting up from my desk to get myself a cup of tea and wondering why I cant see, taking off my glasses, getting a cup of tea, sitting back at my desk, wondering why I cant see, putting my glasses on .... getting up from my desk to go downstairs and retrieve something from the printer and wondering why I cant see, taking off my glasses, retrieving printing, sitting back at my desk, wondering why I cant see, putting my glasses on...

The problem is mostly that I actually have to stop and wonder why I cant see every time, and there is always that momentary panic that I'm going blind, followed by the momentary relief that if I go blind, I would get an extension on my thesis.

2 comments:

carrot said...

Lol emma! :-)

Robert Kingston said...

Where are some skinheads when you need them eh?

Or maybe you could do Bernard's tax return while he does your thesis?