Friday 9 April 2010

Easter

Well, Easter was great. A really nice long weekend with my family. I'll just give you a quick overview of the highlights because I don't have the time to go into all the details (and you probably don't have the patience to read it anyways).

Friday~
Dad and I were the only ones around on Friday (Rob in Devonport, Mum at work) so we had a bit of Daddy-daughter time on the wharf at Beauty Point watching the start of the three peaks race. That night, with Mum and Clinton (cousin whose family is up in outback Qld so we adopt him when we are having family outings) we went to Rob's place in Devonport for the night. We hung out, watched Black Books and The Big Bang Theory, played cards, and, of course, were diligent Catholics and had fish for dinner :)

Saturday~
Once the whole house was finally up, showered, and dressed (except Neptune) we got going, all piled into Dad's Big Blue Car (except Neptune) to go to Cradle Mountain. At this point I should probably explain something. When we were growing up, Rob and I were taken all over Tasmania, and later mainland Australia by our parents. We got to experience all the tourist spots as well as plenty of places off the beaten track, but the one place we never went to was Cradle Mountain. It was always somewhere we were saving for later. So finally it was decided that this was enough later and we went. Even with the very upsetting episode with the leech I really enjoyed it. Cradle Mountain is glorious and I'm definitely going back one day.

Sunday~
By this point we were all back at Mum and Dad's place, so the five of us (and Fidget) had a pretty typical Sunday. Sleep in. Church. Sunday roast. All the usual stuff.

Monday~
Clinton left us on Sunday afternoon, but Rob was still at Mum and Dads. Another sleep in, and a day spent doing nothing in particular. Rob left us in the afternoon to go back to Devonport, so then it was just the three of us. After tea that night, the power went out and Mum and Dad and I played cards by candlelight until it came back on.

Tuesday~
I spent the day at Mum and Dad's doing honour's work, then hung out with Mum for a bit in between her shifts. Then hung out with Dad for a bit. Also hung out with Fidget for a bit.

Wednesday~
I came home :(

Photo Gallery

2 comments:

carrot said...

I love Cradle Mountain! Its so nice! I love the old boats shed (in your photo. I love swiming in Dove Lake after a long walk! :-)

Martin said...

Hmm, I should go there some day, shouldn't I?